Finally, Fall has arrived! While we all may love wearing black, grey, and white – it’s good to spice up your Fall wardrobe with a dash of mustard yellow also!
This earthy color makes an appearance almost every Fall season as it’s a great transitional color to wear from late summer to fall. It’s less flashy than the traditional yellow, but it definitely adds a punch of color to the darker shades we’ve been wearing over and over each year. Mustard yellow adds chic and is very easy to pair with other colors. For a bold, confident and striking look – great colors to pair it with are black, navy and its complementary color, purple. These color combinations will definitely make your outfit pop and stand out. Below are a few outfit inspirations I put together for you:
1. Spice up your work wardrobe with this chic and elegant velvet BCBG mustard yellow blazer. I paired it with a black ribbon neck-tie blouse and a black tweed skort with gold buttons for a more posh look. This outfit can be easily transitioned from day to night, or office-to-evening look.
2. Did I mention that I absolutely love peg trousers with a waist tie? If you’re looking for something super comfy and easy to wear, then this will be a great outfit choice. You can wear a pair of your favorite flats for a more casual look, or if you love heels like me, then put on a pair of classic black pumps to add a bit sass to this classy look. Like I mentioned earlier, mustard yellow is an earthy color so it looks great next to navy and red, or any other earthy colors with a similar tone.
3. A few things I love about Fall are the changing colors of the leaves, the crispy fresh air, and the softer sunlight. During this time I really miss living in NY, and to be able to just wander up and down Broadway in Soho. I loved it because it was so relaxing and I got my exercise done at the same time! This next outfit would have been perfect for this strolls or just running errands on the weekend. The pop of mustard yellow on this faux suede biker jacket, paired with black skinny jeans and knee-high leather boots made this outfit casual, yet stylish.
4. An overcoat can add sophistication to any outfit. What I like about this mustard yellow overcoat is that you can either wear a belt or just leave it open. It’s a great coat to wear over your everyday work outfits. The shawl collar of this overcoat helps elongate the bodice, making one look leaner and taller.
5. Finally, if you’re still not too crazy about mustard yellow clothing but like the color, you can just add a few mustard yellow colored accessories. Sometimes, we need a bit more time to get used to wearing different colors so adding colored accessories can be a good starting point. This look probably is one of my favorite looks in this post. It’s very edgy; very New York I would say. The best thing, it’s super easy to put together as well! All you need is a black leather jacket, leggings or skinny jeans, and a pair of boots. Then just let the mustard yellow scarf and bag do their job creating that bold, edgy look!
That’s it. 🙂 I hope you found this post helpful in adding more colors to your Fall wardrobe. Happy Monday!